||• New York Giants
||• Running Back
||• Born: 7/6/82
- Brandon returned eight kickoffs for touchdowns during his high school career.
- Brandon was a two-time All-Jayhawk Conference selection with Coffeyville in 2001 and 2002.
- Brandon played with defensive end Tony McClain at Coffeyville, Auburn and SIU. They were roommates the entire four years.
- Brandon’s Auburn running mates, Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams, were both Top 10 picks in the 2005 draft. Brandon was the 110th player chosen that year.
- Brandon was the first Giants rookie to score in his first two NFL games since Tiki Barber in 1997.
- Brandon was the first Giants rookie to score seven rushing touchdowns since Bill Paschal in 1943.
- Before Brandon and Ahmad Bradshaw ran roughshod over the Buffalo Bills in 2007, the last pair of backs to top 140 yards in the same game were Marshall Faulk and Trung Canidate of the St. Louis Rams in 2001.
- In 2007, Brandon and Palxico Burress gave the Giants a 1000-yard rusher and receiver in the same year for just the seventh time.
- Brandon’s TD catch against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in the 2007 playoffs marked the first time a Giants back caught a postseason scoring pass since Greg Comella in the 2000 NFC title game.
- Brandon’s 15 rushing touchdowns in 2008 moved him into second place all-time in the team’s single-season record book behind Joe Morris (21 in 1985). Brandon moved past the runners with 14—Morris, Rodney Hampton and Ottis Anderson.
- In 2009, Brandon had the longest pass reception of his career. He scored on a 74-yard catch and run in a victory over the Dallas Cowboys.
- One of Brandon’s closest friends in junior college was running back Damien Nash, who was drafted by the Denver Broncos. He died during a pickup basketball game in 2007.
- Brandon underwent surgery for an injured wrist prior to the 2008 season.
- Brandon was nailed with a $10,000 fine when he tossed his helmet into the stands during an away game against the Indianapolis Colts in 2010.
- In 2011, Brandon broke the team’s career record for rushing touchdowns, which was held by Tiki Barber.
- In 2011, Brandon agreed to restructure his contract so that the Giants could sign Ahmad Bradshaw—even though he knew it would mean fewer carries for him.
- Brandon and Giants’ teammate Corey Webster played AAU basketball together as teens. Webster once saved Brandon from drowning in a motel swimming pool.
- Brandon is a soap opera fan. His favorite is One Life to Live.
- Brandon breathed a sigh of relief at the start of his rookie year when the worst of Hurricane Katrina largely spared Napoleonville.
- Brandon volunteers as a football coach at JFK High in Paterson, NJ.
- Brandon credits Tiki Barber with teaching him that sometimes you can win with your mind what you can’t with your body.
- Brandon was a sociology major in college. In 2011, he proudly received his degree from Fairleigh Dickinson University in Sociology.
- Brandon’s nickname is B-Jac.
- Brandon’s favorite food is gumbo.
- Brandon owns two dogs, a golden retriever named Jake and a puggle named Reese.
- Brandon and his wife Kim married prior to the 2005 season. They have one child, a boy named Brayden, who was born in the winter of 2007.
- While Kim was pregnant, Brandon celebrated a TD by tucking the ball under his uniform. He was fined $5000 by the NFL, and the Giants were assessed a 15-yard penalty.
- Brandon co-manages light-middleweight boxer Steven Martinez.
Ron Brown, 2005 Playoff Insert
Plaxico Burress, 2006 Heritage
2004 Sunday Sports