||• New England Patriots
||• Born: 1/9/78
- Chad was a good soccer and basketball player in grade school. There was a time when soccer may actually have been his best sport.
- Chad’s 97-yard TD in 2001 was the longest reception in Oregon State history.
- When he came into the NFL, Chad tried to emulate Randy Moss. He liked the way Moss could step up and take over a game.
- In 2006, Chad broke Eddie Brown’s Cincinnati mark of 216 receiving yards in a game. He amassed 260 in a contest against the San Diego Chargers.
- After scoring a touchdown in the 2007 season opener, Chad showed a jacket to the camera that read: Future H.O.F. 20??.
- After the 2007 season, Chad an T.J. Houshmanzadeh became the first Cincy receivers to play in the Pro Bowl together.
- In a 2009 preseason game, Chad filled in for injured kicker Shayne Graham. He booted an extra point and kicked off. The XP was the winning margin in the game.
- During a 2009 game, Chad offered officials a dollar when they were preparing to rule on whether he had gotten both feet in bounds on a catch. The NFL didn't get the joke—he was fined $20,000.
- Chad played in his sixth Pro Bowl in 2010, tying Lemar Parrish for second all-time among Cincinnati players.
- When Chad joined the Pats, he made a deal to get #85 from tight end Aaron Hernandez.
- In 2006, Chad led the University of Cincinnati Dance Team in the world’s largest Chicken Dance.
- In 2003, Chad signed an extension to keep him in Bengal stripes through 2009. The deal included a $10 million bonus.
- Once, before a game with the Eagles, Chad sent each of Philadelphia’s DB’s a container of Pepto Bismol.
- Chad’s vertical leap is 40 inches.
- Chad made Fox Sports’ list of Top 10 Showboats in pro sports.
- Chad gave himself a bleached blond mohawk in 2006. He shaved it off to change his luck after a tough loss.
- A Cincinnati bakery once created Chad Johnson "He’s No Cream Puff" Cream Puffs.
- When Chad is deep in concentration, he sometimes sucks his left thumb.
- In the spring of 2007, Chad released his autobiography, I Can’t Be Stopped..
- Chad lists Oprah Winfrey, Bill Cosby and Magic Johnson as three of the people he most admires.
- In 2010, Chad participated in "Dancing with the Stars". He partnered with Cheryl Burke and made it to the final four before being eliminated.
- In 2010, Chad starred in his own VH1 reality show, "Ochocinco: The Ultimate Catch.
- Chad was given a tryout by Sporting Kansas City of Major League Soccer during the spring of 2011.
- Chad tried bull riding during the 2011 offseason. He stayed on a 1500-pound monster named Deja Blu for 1.5 seconds.
- Chad has more than two million followers on Twitter. He was fined $25,000 by the NFL for Tweeting during a 2011 preseason game.
Randy Moss, 1999 Sport
Aaron Hernandez, 2010 HIT
Chad Johnson book