||• Stewart-Haas Racing
||• Born: 3/25/82
- Danica was on the cheerleading squad at Hononegah High School in Roscoe. She says she saw more serious injuries in cheerleading than in auto racing.
- In 2003, Danica helped the Prodrive Ferrari team to a 10th place finish at the Atlanta Grand Prix.
- Danica was named IRL Rookie of the Year in 2005.
- Danica’s qualifying speed at the 2005 Indy 500 was 227.004 MPH.
- Danica was one of six rookies in the 2005 Indy 500. She was named Indy 500 Rookie of the Year.
- In 2005, Danica became the first IndyCar driver to appear on the cover of Sports Illustrated since Al Unser in 1987.
- Danica drove a sports car in the 2006 Rolex 24 Hours at Daytona. Her co-driver was NASCAR legend Rusty Wallace.
- Danica was honored as 2006 Sportswoman of the Year by the March of Dimes.
- Danica’s last win before her 2008 victory in Japan came at the 2002 Long Beach Grand Prix Pro/Celebrity.
- Danica finished every IndyCar race she started in 2010, and all but one in 2009.
- Danica was booed at the 2010 Indy 500 during driver introductions. She had made public comments about the poor set-up of her car and fans took that as an insult to her teammates.
- When Danica won the pole at Daytona in 2013, she unseated Janet Guthrie as the highest female qualifier in NASCAR history. In 1977, Guthrie started in the #9 slot at both Bristol and Talladega.
- Danica married Paul Hospenthal in 2005 and she converted to Catholicism. In 2012, the pair decided to end their marriage amicably. They were divorced in January of 2013. It was then revealed Danica was dating fellow driver Ricky Stenhouse Jr. .
- Danica did commercials for Secret deodorant in 2005 and 2006.
- Danica published her autobiography, Crossing the Line, in 2006.
- In 2007, Danica launched her own fan club, Danica’s Maniacs.
- Danica appeared in a four-page feature in the 2008 Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue.
- Danica won the 2008 Kids Choice Award as Favorite Female Athlete.
- Danica’s mother was such a good snowmobile mechanic that she was known among racers as Captain Traction.
- Danica appeared in the Jay-Z music video "Show Me What You Got. She also appeared in the video for Miranda Lambert’s 2012 hit "Fastest Girl in Town." She was filmed driving a 1969 Camaro.
- Danica has joined forces with other top athletes (including Bruce Jenner and Michael Strahan) to increase awareness of COPD. Her grandmother had suffered from the disease in her final years.
- In 2010, Danica appeared in an episode of "CSI New York." She played a driver suspected of committing a murder.
- Danica is addicted to The Food Network.
- Danica says Jacques Villeneuve is one of her racing idols. She was the fourth woman to qualify for the Indy 500. The first three were Janet Guthrie, Lyn St. James and Sarah Fisher.
- Danica has a miniature schnauzer named Billy.
- Danica’s favorite album is Alanis Morissette’s "Jagged Little Pill." Her favorite movie is "Dumb and Dumber."
2004 American Thunder
Rick Stenhouse Jr.
Jay-Z, 2006 Total