||• San Antontio Spurs
||• Born: 4/25/76
- Tim has worn his
shorts backwards in practice since his college days.
- Tim won the NBA
Rookie of the Month award every single month in 1997-98.
- Tim was the first
rookie since Larry Bird to be named First Team All-NBA.
- In the opening game of the 2007 playoffs, Tim nailed a 3-pointer to send San Antonio’s game against the Phoenix Suns into overtime. He ended up scoring 40 points in a 117–115 victory.
- In 2010, Tim became San Antonio’s all-time NBA leader in points and games played.
- Tim posted his third career triple-double in 2010–11. He had 15 points, 18 rebounds and 11 assists in just 33 minutes of play.
- In Tim’s first 1,000 NBA games, the Spurs went 707–293. The only player in history with a better record through 1,000 games is Scottie Pippen, who won 715.
- Tim reached the
10,000-point, 5,000-rebound mark faster than all but 12 players in NBA
- Tim was just the
ninth player to win back-to-back MVPs.
- Tim’s six
straight First Team All-NBA selections from the start of his career
matched Elgin Baylor, Larry Bird, George Mikan, Bob Pettit and Oscar
Robertson. In 2010, he became the first player to be named All-NBA and All-Defense in his first 13 seasons.
- In 2009, SLAM Magazine rated Tim the 8th best player in NBA history. That same year, Sports Illustrated named him Player of the Decade.
- Tim and Bob Cousy are the only players in history to start 12 consecutive All-Star Games.
- Tim's teammate
like to call him "Dunc."
- Tim did not avoid
tough courses in college. He took anthropology, psychology and Chinese
literature during his senior year at Wake Forest.
- Tim earned a bachelor’s
degree from Wake in Psychology.
- Tim is playing
in the right town from a culinary standpoint. He has loved Mexican food
his whole life.
- Tim is a knife
and sword collector. He owns several historic pieces, including an authentic
- Tim is fascinated
by Merlin from the Camelot legend. He has a tattoo of Merlin on his
- Since childhood,
Tim’s favorite music has been Reggae.
- Tim says reading
the book, The Hurried Child (by David Elkind), was what made
him stay at Wake all four years. The book discusses the perils of forcing
big responsibilities on young people.
- Tim is a big-time gamer. He loves to play himself in NBA video games.
Larry Bird, 1980
George Mikan, 1952
Bob Cousy book