||• Oklahoma City Thunder
||• Born: 9/29/88
- In 2006-07, Kevin was named MVP of the Big 12 Tournament. He was also Big 12 Freshman of the Year and Player of the Year.
- Kevin’s career high in college was 37 points. He reached that plateau four times, including the 2007 Big 12 Championship final.
- Kevin was the first freshman and Texas player to be named AP Player of the Year and win the Naismith Award.
- In 2007–08, Kevin was named Rookie of the Month in every month except for February.
- In 2007-08, Kevin broke Seattle’s rookie scoring record. It had been held since 1968–69 by center Bob Rule.
- Kevin was Seattle’s first First-Team All Rookie player since Derrick McKey in 1987–88.
- In 2007-08. Kevin became just the third teenager to average 20+ points in the NBA. LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony were the first two.
- Kevin netted 47 points against the New Orleans Hornets in February of 2009.
- Kevin won the NBA’s first HORSE competition during All-Star Weekend in 2009. He defeated Joe Johnson and O.J. Mayo.
- Kevin led the NBA in minutes played and free throws made and attempted in 2009-10.
- Kevin played in his first All-Star Game in 2009-10. He scored 15 points off the bench in a 141–139 loss to the East.
- Kevin was the runner-up to LeBron James in the 2010 NBA MVP voting. He and James were the forwards on the All-NBA First Team.
- With his 2009-10 scoring title, Kevin supplanted Max Zaslofsky as the NBA’s youngest scoring champion. As a 22-tear-old, Zaslofsky netted 14.4 points per game for the Chicago Stags in 1946-47.
- Kevin scored 30 or more points 47 times during the 2009–2010 season.
- Kevin was named MVP of the 2010 FIBA World Championship in Turkey, earning a one-of-a-kind Tissot T-Touch Expertwatch for his performance. He broke the U.S. record for most points in the tournament with 205.
- Kevin played in his 300th game in March of 2011. Only two players in NBA history—Shaquille O’Neal and LeBron James—scored more points in their first 300 contests.
- In 2010-11, Kevin was named the NBA’s Player of the Month twice, in December and April.
- Kevin wears number 35 to honor his childhood coach and mentor, Charles Craig, who was murdered at age 35.
- Kevin has a tattoo across his back that reads MARYLAND.
- Kevin had a 3.0 GPA as a college freshman. He attends classes at UT in the summers and is working toward his degree.
- Texas retired Kevin’s jersey a week after he was drafted by the Sonics.
- In 2008, Kevin was invited to try out for the U.S. Olympic Dream Team. Greg Oden was the only other freshman to earn this honor. Kevin did not make the final cut.
- Kevin’s favorite food is crab legs.
- Kevin inked a $60 million endorsement deal with Nike in 2007. Only LeBron James has a bigger shoe contract. Kevin turned down more money from adidas because he had worn Nikes his whole life.
- Kevin’s nickname is K-Smoove.
- Kevin made the cover of NBA Elite 11.
- In March of 2012, Kevin cut his last ties with Seattle when he put him home there up for sale.
- Kevin is known as the best rapper on the Thunder. He plans to pursue a career as a music producer when his playing days are over.
1992 Topps Archives
Bob Rule, 1971 Topps Sticker
Kevin Durant, NBA Elite 11