||JockBio Vital Stats
||• San Diego Padres
||• Height: 6' 1"
|• Weight: 212
||• Born: 6/27/70
- Jim set the NL record for
strikeouts in a season by a lefty with 167 in 2000.
- Jim stole five bases in 2005. Most notable was a steal of home against the Washington Nationals.
- Jim knocked in his 1,000th run during the 2006 season.
- Jim is one of the few stars
who does not have his gloves custom made. Each winter Rawlings sends
a case of new gloves to his home, and he tries them on until he finds
one he likes.
- Since coming to the National
League, Jim has batted nearly .400 in April games.
- Jim donated $1 million of
his salary to create a brand new baseball field in inner city St. Louis.
The Forest Park neighborhood facility is named Jim Edmonds Field.
- When the Cards
acquired Jim, Tony La Russa called Rod Carew and asked him whether
he was a legit
star. Carew’s response was let the kid play and he'll do a heck
of a job for you.
- Jim put his pitching arm
to use only once as a pro. He hurled two scoreless frames for Palm Springs
during the 1991 season.
- Jim has two daughters, Haylee
and Lauren. He's not married, but has a girlfriend, Paige.
- Jim is a fan of rap music.
- Jim's next-door neighbor
in St. Louis was hockey star Chris Pronger. He also has a house in Arizona,
where he likes to jet ski and do other water sports.
- One way Jim stays in shape
is by ice skating. In the offseason, he's been known to work out with
the St. Louis Blues.
Rod Carew, 1980 Topps Giant
Chris Pronger, 2002 Topps Heritage