||• New York Giants
||• Born: 1/3/81
- In addition to
the four letters Eli earned in football during his high school career,
he also picked up four in basketball and two in baseball.
- The speed limit
on the Ole Miss campus is 18 mph. Why? Because that was Archie’s
number as a Rebel. The press room is also named after him.
- Eli set a record
with 18 straight completions and five touchdowns in his first start
at Ole Miss.
- Eli finished his
Ole Miss career fifth among SEC passers with 9,860 career yards. He
threw for 79 touchdowns and holds 45 single-game,
season and career school records.
- Eli won the Maxwell
Award and Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award just like brother Peyton.
- When the Indianapolis
Colts and Giants played in 2006, it marked the first time brothers started
against each other at quarterback in an NFL game.
- The loss to Philadelphia in the 2008 playoffs marked the only time in NFL history that a game ended with the score of 23–11.
- In a 2009 game against the Oakland Raiders, Eli posted his first-ever perfect QB Rating.
- Eli threw his 100th career TD pass in a 2009 win over the Dallas Cowboys.
- In the Giants’ 2011 victory over the Jets, Eli connected with Victor Cruz for a 99-yard touchdown play. It was just the 13th TD of that length pass in league history and only the fifth since 2000.
- In 2011, Eli threw 15 fourth-quarter touchdown passes to set a new NFL record.
- Eli’s final start of the 2011 regular season was his 119th in a row—a New York franchise record.
- Eli’s teammates
call him "Easy."
- Eli didn't beat
Peyton in one-on-one basketball until he was about 17.
- The Manning family
is the first to produce three first-round draft picks (Archie: 2nd pick
in 1972, Peyton: 1st pick in 1998, and Eli: 1st pick in 2004). Eli and
Peyton are the only brothers to be selected first overall.
- When Eli was 10,
he made a personal rule: he declared he could be kissed only once a
- Eli, a Marketing
major, was an excellent student at Ole Miss. He made the Chancellor's
Honor Roll in fall of 1999 and 2002, and the Dean's Honor Roll in the
spring of 2000 and fall of 2000. He also qualified for the U.M.A.A.
Honor Roll in the spring of 2001, 2002 and 2003, and the SEC Academic
Honor Roll in 2000, 2001 and 2002. Eli was named to the 2001 and 2002
Verizon District VI All-Academic first team, and selected to the 2001
Verizon national All-Academic second team.
- In college, Eli
lived in the same apartment that his older brother, Cooper, used to
- Eli co-authored a children’s book entitled Family Huddle.
- Eli speaks with
Peyton once a week.
- After Hurricane
Katrina, Eli and Peyton helped deliver bottled water, diapers and baby
formula to the people of New Orleans.
2003 Fleer Tradition
Victor Cruz, 2010 Donruss
Eli Manning book